Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wordless Wednesday

What a cute linky party idea!! I had seen it before, but this will be my first time linking up with Miss DeCarbo (from Sugar and Spice) for Wordless Wednesday.

 

CONFESSION #1:  Okay, honestly... This picture is not from today. It's actually from a few weeks ago... but I was at a lack of words when I saw this. I would have shared this sooner had I not been busy moving and starting summer school! I just KNEW that I HAD to share this, because this was the best chicken soup for my soul that I think I've ever received. I mean, how cute is this end of year gift?!

CONFESSION #2: I guess this picture isn't quite wordless.... It's quite WORDY, in fact. But oh well.... Anyway, here is a close-up of the tag:

 


To remain confidentiality, I've blocked the student's name. However, this was a student that I had taught for a short time at the end of the year. He was in my small group for the week of the CRCT, but he had another resource teacher as his case manager. So we primarily worked one-one-one for Affective Skills to develop anger management. I was teaching the "Unthinkables" from the Social Thinking program, but all we could do was talk about it. With little time and no other small group participants, we never got the chance to role-model situations. With that being known, here's the one thing that I guess really clicked in his head:
(Picture courtesy of Kelley Hively)
*Click on the picture to visit her blog: Baldwin Elementary S.C.O.R.E.S Program



If you teach social and emotional skills, and haven't heard of Social Thinking, please see more at https://www.socialthinking.com/ and visit my Pinterest boards here and here

To teach your kids about Glass Man, you may watch this Glass Man Video which was made to created to specifically model inappropriate and appropriate behavior: 


I have to give credit to the awesome team of teachers who made this video!! Aren't they great?! :D

BOTTOM LINE: I guess it's easy to make a difference, after all. I NEVER would have guessed that I had made such an impact on this child, but I guess I did! Overall, when times get tough, ALWAYS REMEMBER to *KEEP CALM [find your Chicken Soup] AND TEACH ON!* 

Then, look back and smile because you did.

 ;)

Click the picture below to return to Miss DeCarbo's blog and the other Wordless Wednesday posts!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments/feedback! I greatly appreciate it! :)